The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - SSG T

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1
I got the starter back. I shaved down the bolt that holds the push button about 1/8 and adjusted the button down all the way. SO far no grinding! Only issue is you need to push the starter button down pretty hard sometimes. But overall I'm happy I get to keep it stock. Thanks for the help guys.

2
Tooth count and starter are correct. I played with the foot lever switch and put it all the way down and it does it less but still spins before being fully in the fly wheel. I'm going to take it back a 4th time to the shop and see what he thinks. Keep ya posted.

3
I'm not mechanic here. But thinking about it, it never did this when it was 6V.  Could it be spinning to fast maybe?

4
Damn I should have bought that in the first place. I really didn't want to switch to a key start� but may need to. I'm gonna see if I can figure out why its doing this but get that if j cabt. Thanks for the help!

5
So the starter does match up with the fly wheel. Sounds like that's what j mag need to do. What is the gear reduction racing motors? An actual motor?

6
I'm thinking the motor I put in had different amount of teeth as well. Can I just ssigh the gear in the start out of this is the case?

7
Hey guys. Haven't managed to blow up the replacement motor yet but am now having starter issues. Have had it rebuilt 3 times. It grids horrible sometimes. I've adjusted the button and replaced the bushing in the Bell housing. Still no luck. Any thoughts? I'm a about ready to buy the hand crank ha-ha. Thanks boys.

8
Alright guys I'm back for some advice. Got her converted to 12v and she's running good. Timing is still a little off but i got a friend with a a timing light. New problem is I noticed she was leaning low on the passenger side. Sure enough had a broken leaf spring. Just got two new springs and 4 new shocks. My question is should I be changing my front springs too? They aren't broken but is the rear going to be high then the front? Thanks

9
You think one of those cheapo $35 harbor fraight one will work? She's running good you can just hear the miss fire slightly. Also, the distributor hits that little screw or w.e it is when turning it counter clock wise. What suggestions do you guys have for that? That one wire alternator didn't come with the wire for the 12v convertion. What size does it have to be? Thanks a lot guys.

10
You think one of those cheapo $35 harbor fraight one will work? She's running good you can just hear the miss fire slightly. Also, the distributor hits that little screw or w.e it is when turning it counter clock wise. What suggestions do you guys have for that? That one wire alternator didn't come with the wire for the 12v convertion. What size does it have to be? Thanks a lot guys.

11
Nope unfortunately. Some one said I can loosen up the distributor and listen?

12
Hey guys,

Ended up ordering a 12v convention kit but I think my timing is still a little off. You can here it miss firing from the exhaust. What should I do?

13
Alright guys got it fixed! New stud and head gasket seems to have worked. Need a new fuel pump because its spitting out fuel. Also the Generator isn't working. My friends dad says I can get a 1 wire GM alternator, 12 volt coil, new bulbs and I can have it switched over to 12v with out buying the expensive conversion kit. Any truth behind that? As always thanks for the help boys!

14
Thank you brother!

15
Trying to find the stud pitch but can't find it online anywhere. Not gonna have time to get somewhere to measure it before he comes and he's picking up what he needs on the way. Any of you guys know the pitch!!??!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10