The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Otto R

Pages: [1]
1
Does any one have any measurement for drilling the holes for a side view mirror? I'm in the process of doing the final fit and alignment before paint! Any help would be appreciated!

2
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / Engine color
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:50:26 PM »
What would be a factory engine color? I just primed my motor! Take note to the head! After rust removal I noticed I have a ford script head block?

3
To give an update! I pulled my motor and will be replacing the clutch, flywheel and painting the motor.� Much to my dismay the motor was stamped 1955 on the fly wheel.� I will try and post some pictures of this. So far i replaced the gaskets on the manifold oil pan and timing gear cover. The radiator was tested and held 14psi so i also add a 180D thermostat.� All new plugs 12v coil and wiring harness. I also replace all brakes, fuel lines and fuel pump.

4
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / dating a CJ
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:05:44 PM »
I believe i have an early CJ3A from the information i gathered on this website.� The jeep has a model 41 axel however the prior owner registered as a 47 cj2a.No Vin Tag on the firewall.� I'm Looking for some other ways to date my project.� I have a 1949 Harrison heater and older style horn button.� My motor has a serial number R3J177644 and appear to be a later model? Can any one tell me what year is the motor?� What does the R stand for?

5
Has anyone purchased Weber WK553 and replaced there Carter Carburetor?

6
EVERYTHING ELSE, General tips / Re: INSURANCE WOES- ANY ONE ELSE??
« on: December 31, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »
I was rejected by all of the major companies!  I had to register the vehicle in my name and not a company name.  The best is i cannot register as a historic vehicle since all 6 of my trucks are in the company name. NJM allowed me to register my vehicle as a daily driver for 650$ a year with no collision.  I can't wait for MV !

7
Engine compartment / Re: Timing,timing
« on: May 26, 2016, 07:53:13 AM »
I used the timing indicator / pointer from a M38 to make my life easier! I aligned the flywheel at TDC and checked the pointer alignment

8
Engine compartment / fuel filter
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:18:21 AM »
I been having a lot of trouble with rust in my tank for the past year and been replacing fuel filters every week.  I finally surrendered and bought a new tank From Walack's.  I would like install a period correct filter on the fuel line.  Any suggestions?

9
Does anyone have layout dimensions on where to mount my dashboard data plate. I looked on line and cannot find a post on where it was from the factory.

10
Willys photo and story threads... / Christmas Card 2014
« on: December 03, 2014, 08:34:07 AM »
Here are some of my photos for my company's xmass card this year!

Pages: [1]