The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Lee

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
1
I’m pretty sure they left the factory raw cast. Eastwood makes a product that works pretty good on cast manifolds, but in given time and countless heat cycles it doesent matter what you use they seem to revert back to Rusty cast iron 😂

Lee😉

2
I have first dibs on Dora! 😂

3
PAST EVENTS: / 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:45:20 AM »
Whitewood South Dakota
6/20/16
6/25/16
Contact
Oilleaker for details!

[media]http://youtu.be/DDNWlfdPUH8[/media]

Lee ;)

4
PAST EVENTS: / Re: Fall Color Tours, Nathrop, CO, 9/22-9/27 2014
« on: October 12, 2014, 08:52:56 PM »
Wow nice picture. We had a great time at the FCT as well!. Nice to meet you folks, I am planning to return.

Lee ;)

5
Yes the YF was stock on a Willy�s jeepster, DJ, Henry J. The manifold and throttle linkage is far different than a stock 2A/3A as you can see on the manifold in your photo. I�ve seen the base holes elongated on a YF to fit a W-O manifold but the opening in the manifold is also smaller and I�m not sure your going to see any great gain from it. You will also see the throttle shaft on the YF runs parallel with the crankshaft when mounted on is proper manifold, the W-O runs perpendicular to the crankshaft when mounted on its proper manifold!... Do as you wish, the good people who designed this settup were very smart and creative, I doubt you�ll outdo them [ch128514]

Lee ;)

6
Todd, you need a pump that is "Less than 4 PSI" and you will not need a regulator!. I would recommend the settup Tom and Tumbleweed are using, more so if your running the 3A style pump with the vacume settup, they seem very prone to vapor lock above 9000 ft....

Lee ;)

7
I retorque 3 times, usually on the first, the gasket will seep coolant, the second torque will end this. Throw the metal sided gaskets out, nothing but trouble IMO!....

Lee ;)

8
Quote
I've never converted a c-clip axle to disc brakes before.

A Dana 44 is not a "C Clip Axel"...... Why is it Colorado Jeepers are not concerned with a parking brake! ?, LOL

Lee ;)

9
Quote
Quote
Bob W might have some input on this.
I don't have any proof, but I believe that the flat rivets on the rear cross-member began with the late CJ-2A frame and continued on into the CJ-3A.

X2, I have not seen a late 2A frame that did not have flat rivets on the rear crossmember. Not saying the round rivets were not used up on the earlier changeovers.

Lee

10
-28 here this am, nice wood fires in the house and shop  :D

I have done business with Herm, it did not involve an overdrive and have no issues with him. I do have many friends that have not had good service form Herm. The overdrives I use, I have resealed and installed fresh bearings in myself, parts from a local bearing supplier are not expensive and fairly easy to install. As long as here is no issue with the bowl gear or planetary assembly do as I did... If I wanted an overdrive, I would buy a new Saturn, less hassle, and only a few dollars more than a used one with a freshening up.... As New Life goes, good luck!, I've heard a few rumors locally, none confirmed at this point. Less hassle doing business otherplaces IMO.

Lee ;)

11
Unless your rock crawling you really do not need it. It will not bolt up on either end unless this was from a real 4 cyl, 4 speed cj5. With adapters it can be done, and extensive floor mods, crossmember alterations, driveshaft shortening/lengthening.

Lee ;)

12
My opinion, it's the wrench for changing the bushings on a pop rivet gun for the different sizes of rivets.

Lee ;)

13
Possibly an early electric trailer brake controller, WW2 half tracks had a like resistor for this purpose.

Lee ;)

14
I throw this in, if it has a .040 stamped on the tag, that's a builders tag, could be the block was decked and someone stamped there own number ?.

I've owned a couple Supersonics, the tag below the dist. had no brg. Sizes on it.

Lee ;)

15
I cannot answer your question, but, there are several things to consider. If you take to much off the valves will hit the head. Even more so if in the past your block has been decked. Years back on the 2A page this was a topic, I remember some talk of taking to much off causes turbulence in the combustion chamber and the effects of it reduces any gain to compression ratio.  Perhaps a search on the 2A page would answer your question, but good luck with that!.

Lee ;), and Happy New Year!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6