The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - maximushuntermus

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
1
Thanks those are awesome photos, I now have some idea what to shoot for, thanks again for your time.

2
My hood is not fitting well at all to my cowl, going to have to do some bending. Would very much appreciate it if someone could post a couple photos that show the body to hood gap that I should shoot for. A photo across the top and maybe one side shot should suffice. Thanks in advance for your help.

3
Sorry think I fixed it now?

4
Can anyone tell me which is the correct hood hinge the green one or the grey one, or both? Also it seems they are missing a couple of the tubes or sleeves for the pin on the outter ends, yes no?


5
yeah Im sure it was done by bubba, when I got it it actually had an f-head in it, so that was probaly done then. Its coming around though, don't expect to get it 100% correct but if I could get it to an 8 out of 10 I would be happy. Its for me only and I plan on running the heck out of it on mostly forrest service roads here in Flagstaff, Az. watching the massive Elk here in Unit 7W. Thanks again for your help.

6
Yeah mine is up towards the Xfer case so thats wrong, it had a small maybe 5 inch round tube type muffler on it, that should have been a clue huh? LOL, no big deal we can fix that.

7
Thanks guys I appreciate the help, thats a relief, is the tailpipe not supposed to be on driver side? This was how I recieved it so I just cleaned it up and left it as is.

10
Well thought that would do it, the rear cross member I bought from Classic Ent. and it seems the driver side is longer from the frame rail than the passenger side, sure seems wrong. here are some photos.

11
That should do it thank you very much...

12
Can anyone give me the dimensions of the 4 rear tub to bumper body bracket locations? I have a new bumper so no holes yet, any help appreciated, Thanks.

13
OK I will get some starting fluid, yeah your right the pcv valve screws right into the intake where there is vaccum so I pulled the hard line off the elbow. Sorry at work and hurrying, got to go thanks for your help, I do appreciate your time.

14
Thanks guys, I stumbled onto some of your info "scoutpilot" on the 2a page and did just that sprayed WD looking for a leak and found nothing. So I pulled the vacuum line off the pcv at the intake and with the intake plugged everything idles great, the pcv valve looked like it had a 1/4" hole drilled thru it. I have a new PCV valve ordered and on its way so I'm sure hoping this will fix it.
No pressure from crankcase, just rebuilt motor so were good there, thanks for info on the different size needles as well.

15
Update, if I remove the vacumn line to the crank case and plug the intake vaccum, its happy. I had ordered a new pcv valve from Walcks but when I got it it was empty, as in no spring or anything in it, so I called to ask what up and was told they were a souce of trouble getting pluged up so most guys just drilled them out. Could this be the problem? what size orrifice should be in the pcv valve or restrictor in this case.
Or is this a symtom of a greater problem?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5