The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - DTFM33

Pages: [1] 2
1
If the head was the same as the CJ, I wonder if the 2-3 cylinder being cold, non firing would give you a false reading. I like the water pump port idea.

2
Tim, wow that is exactly what I was looking for! Yes, the front end works perfectly except for the leaks. I think for $80, I will replace the brake the brake cylinders. I did the speedy sleeves on the output shafts of the transfer case. Will most likely need to do them on the front and rear input shafts too! I found the info on the brake shoes.

Out of town for a few weeks and then back at it.

Thanks again,

Dan

3
Thanks for the quick responses! Yes, I have the manual. Basically going to go through the entire front end. Every seal is original on this vehicle, so just wanting to go through everything and paint it up. Brake cylinders are leaking, differential is leaking. So, just looking for tips for going through this entire thing. Has anyone rebuilt brake cylinders, or is just better to buy new ones?

Also, I used speedy sleeves on the drive e shafts due to pitting, seem to work great!

4
Ok, did a little searching and did not find a detailed rebuild. I have finally got the engine running and want to start on the front end (Which leaks like $#*@) So, I assume wheel cylinders, shoes...... What do I need to watch for and what suggestions can you guys give?

As usual, thanks!

Dan

5
Gearboxes and axles / Front Axle rebuild.
« on: May 26, 2015, 11:25:52 AM »
I know search first......I Did and cannot find what I am looking for.� Does anyone know of a write up for a front axle rebuild. Rebuild may not be the right word. The Axle is original off my 49 CJ3A. What do I look for? I know seals need to be replaced. Other than that, it does not seems to show any other issues. I am pretty good technically. Rebuilt the Transmission and Transfer case. But, I have never messed with King pins before.� I have the axle removed and looking for advice.

Thanks

Dan

6
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 22, 2015, 04:12:39 PM »
Quote
Hey Dan,

Is this what you were looking for?
Perfect! Exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Dan

7
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 11, 2015, 12:29:46 PM »
No rush George. This is a long project.

8
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 03, 2015, 06:20:39 PM »
Quote
DTFM33 - hope this is what you were looking for.

George
Thank you George! I should have been more descriptive. Can you get one looking straight at the grease zerk in the shackle. What I am trying to verify how much play there is between the shackle and the spring itself.

Thanks

Dan

9
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 02, 2015, 04:01:41 PM »
Thanks!

10
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 02, 2015, 03:08:37 PM »
Looks great! Can you post a picture of the front shackle looking straight at it. Mine seem to have a bunch of play between the spring and the shackle. Trying to figure out if that is normal.

Thanks

Dan

11
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Tumbleweeds 49
« on: June 01, 2015, 07:17:57 PM »
Amazing work.

12
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: CJ3A Build
« on: May 30, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
Is the frame usable on the 3A? Also, what do you guys think about the locking hubs?

13
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: CJ3A Build
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
Tranny gears look pretty good.

And a much needed Air filter.

14
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: CJ3A Build
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:47:14 PM »
All parts were bagged and tagged


15
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: CJ3A Build
« on: May 30, 2015, 04:45:42 PM »
Not sure I want to keep these hubs. Any advice?

Pages: [1] 2