The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Lost_Biscuit

Pages: [1]
1


I just finished repairing my switch. I didn't catch that thread you just posted before pulling mine apart. That's a good one! I'm not sure why it didn't appear in my searches. I was going to use the nail trick, too, but decided to reuse the original pin. I doubt I'll be using the heater all that much.

The contacts on the rivets were the big issue for me. I laid the switch in a shallow solution of vinegar/water solution for about an hour then blew them off with an air compressor. I cleaned the remaining contacts. That got the switch working for me. I'll be doing a write up on eWillys about it.

2
I found this older thread while working on my switch. The photo mentioned by Ryan_M is no longer available on the 2A site, but I did find another useful site regarding the switch and vintage heaters in general:

EDIT ... meant to add this link: http://devestechnet.com/Home/HeaterRestore

http://devestechnet.com/Images/Projects/12VUpgrade/12VUpgrade0008lg.jpg

3
Thanks for the good thoughts!  I hope everyone's Christmas was great and the new year even better!  

4
Hello everyone,

Bill asked me to introduce myself to those that might not know me.  I'm David Eilers and I run eWillys.  I also own a CJ-3A. Well, technically only the windshield, dataplate, and VIN are left of the original frameless body I purchased.  Now it is a CJ-3A called Lost Biscuit with a fiberglass Bobcat body (made to look like a parkette body), a CJ-5 frame, modded suspension and more that I designed for roads, trails and racing in the Pacific Northwest (see link to it or picture below).  Importantly, no nice or stock jeeps were harmed in the creation of Lost Biscuit.  If you want to know more about why I built my jeep in 2007 & 2008 you can read about it in the book I wrote that Bill mentioned (and helped proofread).

I've been building and generally mucking with the web since 1993 when the web was nothing more than a series of Gopher sites.  After building companies and managing websites (again long story), I decided to launch my own website about vintage jeeps in 2008.  As part of that process I chose not to create any forums that I felt would compete with the already existing forums, which have strong communities.  Instead, rather than compete, I wanted to channel new people to those communities.  So, I've always thought of eWillys as a Gateway into the Vintage Jeep world for people who don't know much about them and don't know where to look for information.  

Recently, Bill approached me about helping transition the technology from one hosting "box" to another and to help act as a technical support person.  I've agreed to do that.

Importantly, I don't want to make decisions on managing the site, but am happy to provide advice if there are questions.  Jonathon and members here have created a nice community and the last thing I want to do is disrupt that.  If you have any questions about my involvement, feel free to ask.

5
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: My 1952 cj3a Szekely
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
Arthur Contoni asked me to add links to pictures he saved from an eBay auction a few years ago.












Here's a link to his site as well: http://48cj2a.com/apu.htm

Pages: [1]