The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Dez

Pages: [1] 2
1
Lovin the improvements. Willys-Overland is gonna be out of business fixing errors in tubs LOL!

2
Sorry to hear that CJJay, The oil been pretty clean (not really dark black oil i usually see.) Since i bought it and after I removed the head and saw the 060 pistons I figured it confirmed the PO's story. It ran better then all the engines i had previously also. Let me know if theres anything i can do let me know  :-[

3
Back when I had a CJ5 with a Buick 231 v6, I looked and looked and looked for a new motor never found one, Ended up buying a good core motor and rebuilding it myself. Ended up selling the jeep before I finished it.

4
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Day jobs?
« on: December 08, 2013, 11:40:41 AM »
I work for a Heavy equipment rental company in Pinedale, I'm the mechanic and Field mechanic (service calls). From Excavators to 14,000lbs Forklifts

5
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Check this out.
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:03:14 AM »
Im going to try and bid on that 2a in CA.

6
Great video, the energy drink test was my favorite.

7
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Best Place for CJ3A Tub
« on: August 09, 2013, 12:04:57 AM »












8
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Best Place for CJ3A Tub
« on: August 08, 2013, 02:33:10 PM »
Ill take pictures of the Tub tonight and Tell me what you guys think. I could probably fix most of it with patch panels but I may be dang near close in patch panels to just replace the tub for the same cash.

I am in Pinedale, Wyoming. If anyone is wondering :)

9
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Best Place for CJ3A Tub
« on: August 07, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »
Quote
Hi Dez,
� I was expecting you'd have an answer from someone more knowledgeable by now, but since you haven't I'll give it a shot.�
� I restored my 49 CJ-3A 6 years ago using a tub I got off eBay for a really good deal.� It was a few years old (sellers old failed project) when I bought it so it was really an early version.� It had several problems to work through--a lot of cutting, grinding, and welding.� So much so, that had I known, I would have been able to do about the same cutting, grinding, and welding on my old tub and would have ended up with an original.�
� All the MD Juan tubs come into the US through Omix-Ada.� They are sold through the various suppliers/dealers around the country.� They are all the same so just shop for your best deal.� They do have a date stamp on the forward end of the tub.� It's in code on the left vertical member at the firewall (that code was explained by Rommel Juan on the 3A site no too long ago).� So, just try to get a newer one.
� And, I have spoken with Jay, owner of Willys-Overland in Toldeo, Ohio, and he told me that have taken care of all the problems built in by MD Juan, ie., the firewall which is located to far to the rear, removing all the wood from the hat channels and installing crush sleeves instead, etc.� But, Jay's tubs are the most expensive.�
� I suggest that you read the large MD Juan Tub thread under the Tech Talk section of this (3A) site.� It explains a lot.
� I believe that pretty well covers it.�
� Now maybe that more knowledgeable person will chime in with needed corrections to my response.
� Good Luck!!!
I did read the MD Juan thread. Im excited to see them rework their dies to reproduce a closer matching tub to original. My Tub isn't in really bad shape just every 6-8 inches there is a wrinkle or bend and when I set the tub on a level floor its tweaked all the way around. Which would make sense since the frame was broken in a few spots. I really just want to jump in my jeep and head to the mountain

10
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Best Place for CJ3A Tub
« on: August 05, 2013, 11:54:58 PM »
I need to purchase a New CJ3A Kit, Id prefer to have one of these new and improved mdjuan tubs I keep reading about but I need something close to stock that I plan on modifying for my project jeep so a cheap tub would probably do. Im not trying to make 100% restored 3a, just a very clean grocery getter.. I decided my tub is been bubba'd beyond my repair knowledge. Thanks guys!

11
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Trailer and Tractor
« on: July 29, 2012, 11:18:15 AM »
I would personally add brakes to the trailer. And in Some states your required to have brakes if the trailer weighs more then 1500lbs.


I Really love that tractor and Im thinking about buying one of those PJ's to haul the flatty around in. PJ makes some pretty heavy duty trailers. We have a fleet of them at work.

12
Sent my donation via paypal :)

13
I am Dezrik P, I can send a money order OR paypal. Paypal will save me a couple of steps and probably save you a step as well. Id like to send $50 instead of the $40 Said Id donate. Thanks Dezrik.







P.S. F Bill Thank you for taking the bull by the horn and saving this website!

14
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: VIN # in Minnesota
« on: July 10, 2012, 04:21:30 PM »
Since that was the only serial they could find on it thats what they used, they probably added the rest to make it a standard vin. I just went through something similar and had to get a bonded title

15
Keep a eye out for a XJ Auto Petal assembly  ;D, Fort Collins is fun for a College student but not sure what else can be done there.

Pages: [1] 2