The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - BMIC

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27
1
International Flat Fender Club / Re: NORTH AND SOUTH DECLARE ALLIANCE
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:45:54 PM »
CC your motives for moving east are becoming quite clear....  Power, position and complete control of the Georgia Flat Fender Club. Obviously a bloodless coup of small scale but if I were FBill I would take note of the potential hostile take over of the 3A page brewing here....

2
No answers for you Hawk but I am guilty of forgetting to reset the blinker as well. I hope we can find a solution on this thread as I have had one close call and do not want another.
Forget hand signals, 75% of today's drivers have no clue what you are doing.

3
Would a missing timing gear oil fitting produce those numbers on a fresh rebuild?

4
Replaced the 180 degree thermostat with the 160 degree and that did the trick. After heating up to 175/180 it would drop back down to 160.... Nice, it even sounds happier.
I must admit that I had the initial thermostat installed wrong. I simply installed the t-stat on the engine block, placed the cone upside down with the tapered end on top of the t-stat. Not much in the repair manual on this and I was unable to open Ryans video above. I finally got the Walcks video off their web page.
Anyway's, it is correctly installed now including the 1/8" hole.

5
Ryan use to drop in on his way to heavy metal concerts in Portland, I'm not sure if it was the music or the Jeep Disease but he was last seen hauling a red trailer behind a Bombardier (that he told his wife he sold) heading down a logging road near the Canadian border. The guy on the 3A page is a recording...

6
As usual I received not only good advice to my questions but answers to questions I did not know I had. I will defiantly be changing out my 180 degree thermostat for a 160 and drilling the flange with a 1/8 inch hole.
Hawk .. I did not even consider the radiator cap, I am running with a 4lb cap (new a year ago), what would be the reason to switch to a 7lb cap?
Scout .. I am getting a premature carbon fouling of the plugs, obviously too rich. The timing was field set  right after installing the rebuilt engine. Since the engine fired up with the first turn of the key and has run very smooth since I have been reluctant to �fix what does not seem broke�. I think I will change out the thermostat and see if that produces the desired results, if not timing and carb adjustment are next. 
Of course if any of you are in Maine this summer and are willing to make a house call the lobster dinner would be on me, I might even be able to arrange a Willy's Picking tour of Maine with Ryan.

7
Two part question:
I have been running a 180 degree thermostat but I am wondering if I should run a 160 degree. I have never reinstalled the Harrison Heater because I rarely run in the winter and do not plan for a top anyway. Mostly summer driving and the temp gauge seems to run at about 200-205 degrees. I'm thinking that is on the edge of where I want the temp to be and logic dictates it should run a bit cooler with a 160. All other factors are good, new radiator, new water pump, completely rebuilt engine that was sleeved and brought back to original spec.... any thoughts on that?
Part 2:
Anybody have the diagram on reinstalling the new thermostat and cone correctly, I'm 99% sure I have it right, it's that damn 1%.

8
LeeC .... Thanks but could not find anything on Pirate 4x4, but that could be me.
There is some stuff here but I never seem to have much luck with the search tab. Not a complicated modification I would just rather measure twice before I cut.

9
I want to cut into the wheel well a bit so that I can push the drivers seat back a few inches. I know I've seen posts on this before but unable to locate any in the search file. Anybody have a post or pictures dealing with this?

10
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / Heater
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:48:21 AM »
Just finished cleaning and painting my Harrison Heater, ordered a new heater switch and all the plumbing tap's.... Since I did not make provisions for a heater when I ordered a new wire harness a while back what is the best way to wire the heater?

11
Never saw a farmer driving a MG Midget before....:)

12
Just reviewing some pictures I took in 2012 when I had this problem and throwing a few things out for you to consider. The picture shows a pretty thick spacer behind the backing plate. That may be the problem with one drum but all four?

13
I had questioned KW on this a few years ago... I believe the answer at the time was they will fit and they did.

14
Does it matter where the two hoses coming from the heater go? Example, top hose from the heater goes to the water pump.... Bottom to the head.

Randy your picture shows the heater control knob mounted in the dash... correct? I like that.

One more question, why install a shut off on the heater hose connecting to the head?

Sorry to jump on your thread Terry but Randy's pictures are great...

15
Austin and Kirkski, just a note on something I wish I had done at this point. If the serial number was machined off the water pump boss during the engine rebuild now is the time to stamp it back on. HF has a stamp kit for about $25. Too much in the way to stamp it after installation.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27