The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - ejb17

Pages: [1]
1
I forgot about the casting date.  I will see that when I cut the body off. SO I am still intrigued by the stamped numbers by the tower.

2
I picked up another parts Jeep today and the tranny Date code by the shift tower is K 272 2. Can anyone tell me what tis means. I am positve it is a 3A as the engine mounts are offset and it has the D44 rear. After I get rid of the DJ rust bucket body that the PO put on so plowing would be more comfortable I will know more.

3
I am in Buffalo NY. Thats where my shop is and I live 15 miles south of Buffalo

4
In my quest for parts I came across what I think is an early 3A but with an Fhead engine. The owner told me he put this in when the L head was getting tired and he found this one rebuilt. Is there any value to this engine? It started right up and did not smoke but other than what the owner said that is all I know. I could buy the whole thing and sell the F head to the later Jeep guys but dont relly know what a running F head is worth.

5
Yes I have some pics but I can not post directly here can I ?

6
So would the 1951 transfer case mate the newer tranny w/o changing something? A V-6 was shoe-horned into this Jeep with an adapter kit so maybe the tranny was a donor or already mated to the engine. I cut the body off today and am left wth a rolling chassis. The rear axle date code looks to be 3 2x 51 so some stuff was left untouched. They actually lifted the body an inch or so with wood pucks and then had to move the tranny/transfer case to the right to get that engine in. Total rub job but the frame looks ok and the axles look good. I will probable part out what is left as there is no way to make it an official M38 again.
One thing I found on the firewall was a voltage reducer for a mil radio-I think. That may be handy for someone.

7
Thanks for all the help. Does the tranny casting date 10-24 mean anything?

8
The casting date on the driver side of the tranny is 10-24. Ok so you mean assembled date of the transfer case/tranny or assembly of the Jeep? Not trying to be smart but maybe I read your sentance wrong and just want to get it right. Also, how can I decipher these codes? I signed up for Willys M is the formula on that forum?
Thanks Eric

9
Thanks. I found the assembly date code on the tranny and the transfer case. The transfer case assembly date is 7/23/51. Does this mean when it was installed in the Jeep or when the case was assembled at Dana? The date code on the tranny by the shift tower says L4 2-2. Does anyone know what that means?
Thanks in advanmce.

10
So my first post was about a Jeep I got and I asked you guys about the Sears Alum. hardtop. This post is to ask when this M38 was built. The dash tags were gone but the fenderwell on the passenger side still had the WO tag. The seriel # is MC 26292. Can anyone enlighten me on this M38? Thanks

11
New to the forum because an old friend of the family gave me an old CJ3A/M38. It is rough but it runs-although someone put in a V6 Jeep/Buick engine-and my nephew,son and I are going to tackle getting it roadworthy. The funny part is it has what I think is an Alum. Sears hard top that is totally complete and in VG to almost Exc. condition. My question is does this top have any value as it may help jump start our project?
From what I have read it does not seem to be at all rare so does it have any significant attributes?
One more question for you expert CJ3A guys-does the V6 have any value to the later model Jeep owners?
Thanks in advance for any help and thoughts.

Pages: [1]