The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Mytwojeeps2020

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
1
Rambling, Malarky, Rants, Etc... / Re: Ok,ok,ok
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:09:52 PM »
Just finished four days of running Olaf through the local national forest-nothing broke, no leaks!!

2
BODY and trim / Re: Body “things”
« on: October 02, 2022, 12:53:24 PM »
Another mystery solved!

3
BODY and trim / Re: Body “things”
« on: October 02, 2022, 10:31:50 AM »
Found another one.

This is a small “access way” to the engine, behind the hood catch on the driver’s side.

Could this be for the wiring for a blackout light?

4
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Water in Gas Problem
« on: September 15, 2022, 10:02:08 AM »
When the pan fell off the filter, could you tell if there was gas mixed in with the oil?

The reason I’m asking is to ascertain if gas has gotten into your crankcase, and is being forced up the oil filler tube and into your air filter (and then from there, possibly into your carb)

5
BODY and trim / Re: Body “things”
« on: September 12, 2022, 09:34:24 AM »
Cool!

Learn something new every day!

6
BODY and trim / Body “things”
« on: September 11, 2022, 06:08:17 PM »
I’m guessing that a lot of these body “things” came over from the military versions. But there’s a few I don’t get…

The long rectangular one on the hood, I’m guessing, is for a two battery access port, and the triangular one on the side is for a snorkel.

But what are these for (near the firewall, and driver rear)?

7
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Water in Gas Problem
« on: September 11, 2022, 06:01:53 PM »
An oil bath air filter may look like this…

8
Your CJ-3A Project / Re: Water in Gas Problem
« on: September 10, 2022, 02:13:17 PM »
trijjicon,

When the Jeep was stalling, was it smoking?

If you have an oil bath filter, have you inspected it for water?

9
Chassis, brakes and suspension. / Re: Brake & Clutch Pedal Cross Shaft
« on: September 08, 2022, 08:34:53 AM »
Thanks, guys!
Great advice; I’ll post again with the results.

Yes, Rus, the video was from KW - without the tub.

10
Chassis, brakes and suspension. / Brake & Clutch Pedal Cross Shaft
« on: September 07, 2022, 12:02:51 PM »
Hi.

I am looking to replace this part. The only tutorials I can find show this cross shaft being replaced with the Jeep body completely removed.

Can this part be removed & replaced without taking the body off?

I ask this because I'm not sure if there is enough space where the pedals come through the firewall. Is there enough room to move the pedals sideways to get them off the old cross shaft and put them on the new cross shaft?

Thanks!

11
Electrical Systems / Re: Cj3a hand wiper
« on: August 19, 2022, 04:30:48 AM »
Tchara, you might give Salvage Jeep Parts & Service in Georgia a call.

12
Electrical Systems / Re: Signal Lights
« on: August 19, 2022, 04:20:59 AM »
It also may be that your JDMSPEED is bad. I went through three of those “universal” switches (2 from KW and 1 from Amazon) earlier this year. All had bad internal wiring. I bought my fourth one, this time a a Signal-stat, for three times as much, but it works.

13
Electrical Systems / Re: Signal Lights
« on: August 18, 2022, 08:33:44 AM »
Tchara, what make of signal light switch are you trying to install?

14
Great, thanks!

15
Bringing this post up again…

For my ‘61 CJ5, is there a recommended idle RPM?

Right now, it’s at 1,000

It runs fine, I’m just wondering if it should be that high (my single wire alternator runs constantly).

Thanks!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8