The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - Orig Equipment

Pages: [1]
1
Thanks all, but I am a bit cheap, so I only bought 4 new tires and have an "emergency spare"  based on the above, the four tire rotation would seem to be cross the rears to the front and bring the front straight back.  That's how my Tahoe is.

I suppose if I bought another new tire I would get 20% longer life with a five tire rotation!  Or would it be like with shoes, you buy two pairs of the exact same shoe and wear them every other day and both pairs are supposed to last much longer than if you had only one pair.

Qrig Equipment

2
This was a timely tread, I just bought a set of these tires for my 54 CJ3B and I want them to last.  I am a firm believer in tire rotation, does anyone have the rotation pattern for this vintage of CJ, a four tire rotation and a five tire?  I checked my service manual and no patterns there.  It would be good to have the patterns as part of the thread.
Thanks  Orig Equipment

3
Buy, Sell, Trade / Re: 6v/12v sparton horn
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:15:54 PM »
Thanks Chris, I will look into it.

Orig Equipment

4
Sounded like it is a cool event!  I will put it on the 2021 calendar.  Keep us posted!

Original Equipment

5
The Website is good, placed my order and the patterns are on the way!  Thanks Rus.
That tight steer system he has to take the play out of the Ross steering box looked interesting.
Thanks for all your help, I will post photos when I get my boots made!

Jeff Thomas

6
Buy, Sell, Trade / Re: 6v/12v sparton horn
« on: May 17, 2020, 05:34:40 PM »
My bad, I thought you were selling one.   I misread your post. 

Orig Equipment.

8
Rus:
Sorry to be a newbie, I hit the link you sent me and since I am only a member of this page, I could not personal message JeepRoger. I guess I join the 2A forum, but I don't think I will be picking up a 2A anytime soon.  Do you have an email that I could use to contact him or you could give him mine jefflaw@bainterlaw.com and have him shoot me an email so I can get the patterns from him.
I would appreciate any help you could give.

Thanks  Jeff T.

9
Rus,
Many thanks, that is the exact thread I was remembering.  The 54OB does not even have a scrape left of the boots.  Have not tried to take the knobs off yet, but I can sure hear that transmission sing without boots on.  Thanks for digging that up for me.  I will let everyone know how they turn out!

Jeff Thomas

10
A while back on the old 3B page, there was a thread about taking shifter knobs off and a general discussion about the quality of rubber shifter boots.  Down in the thread, (which I can't find now) someone said they knew of or had a pattern to make canvas boots. Does anyone remember this?  I would like to get in touch with the person and could I get a set of those canvas patterns?

Thanks  Orig Equipment

11
Buy, Sell, Trade / Re: 6v/12v sparton horn
« on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:34 PM »
Dinesh,
I am looking for a 6 volt horn for my 54 3B.  Is this one still available?

Orig Equipment

Pages: [1]