The CJ3A Page CJ3B.info

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.


Messages - smittykid

Pages: [1]
1
Thanks for your input guys.  I was an insurance agent for over 36 years.  And I agree 100% about rhino liner.  It is an incredible pain to deal with in a collision situation.  I'm going to call the guy tonight and get the serial #.  I'm starting to think this Jeep may very well be a CJ2A with an M38 windshield.  My after retirement rotundness(fat gut) fits much better behind the wheel of a 3A.  You guys are the best !!

                                   Smitty

2
"Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations / 1948 CJ3A ?
« on: January 07, 2011, 06:56:17 AM »
Hi gang, have not posed any questions lately. �Anyway, I'm looking at another 3A. �The guy says it's registered a 48. �I know they started production of th 3A in the Fall of 48-but were the first ones 48's or 49's? �The windshield appears to be from an M38 as the vent has the 2 straps on the outside & no hinge on the inside. Did the early 3A's have that type of windshield or is this in fact an M38 windshield? �Also, the guy Rhino lined the interior. �How much does that effect the value? �Personally I don't like the stuff in a Jeep. �He's asking $7000. �I have pics he emailed me. I still can't figure out how to post pics. It looks nice-but I know there are a few incorrect items. �Like a pair miniture 49 Merc. police cars on the hood used for the windshield props in lieu of wooden blocks.
 ï¿½ � Any help or thoughts would be appreciated. �Happy New Year & thanks as always !
 ï¿½ � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � Smitty
 ï¿½ � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � � �

Pages: [1]