My Willys 3A and 3B Community

How To Join => Once You've Joined => Topic started by: jp4ever on September 18, 2015, 10:02:59 AM

Title: new from ohio
Post by: jp4ever on September 18, 2015, 10:02:59 AM
Hello, to all.

I just got a cj 3a from my father, who has owned it since the mid 50s. He has had it longer than me but not by much!

The jeep needs a lot of tlc, but it isn't a rust bucket either!
I am glad to be a member Thanks.  jp4ever
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: Kirkski on September 18, 2015, 11:32:59 AM
Welcome Loren looking forward to pics!!
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: jp4ever on September 19, 2015, 12:14:16 PM
As requested!
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: athawk11 on September 19, 2015, 06:09:06 PM
Welcome.

That looks like a very nice 3A.  It has a bottom mount radiator.  1949?  1950?

Tim
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: Kirkski on September 20, 2015, 06:01:44 AM
Nice looking Jeep!
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: Quebec Jeep on September 24, 2015, 07:38:14 PM
Welcome aboard!
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: jp4ever on January 01, 2016, 07:08:01 PM
athawk11, in the time I have had it, I know I have a sears rebuilt motor with no numbers, except for block casting numbers. The distributor tag is gone along with the motor "tag"

What I do have is a body tag id. 14695 and a block casting of 641087 1 w13a   
 
Sorry for the 4 month delay. jp

Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: BrokeJeepGirl on February 05, 2016, 07:58:51 PM
Nice jeep. ;D
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: Bob W on February 05, 2016, 08:28:32 PM
Quote
What I do have is a body tag id. 14695
Very cool CJ-3A!! Is that number from the smaller tag or the large tag above it? What number is on the other tag?

Thanks!
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: jp4ever on February 06, 2016, 06:53:24 PM
Bob W, that number is from the upper, larger tag (barley visible in the 2nd pic) The second number from the smaller lower tag is..
willys
cj3a body
14032
willys overland motors inc Toledo ohio usa
 They are both galvanized steel not brass, the "4x4" instruction plate on the inside, passenger side is steel also.

There is a number on the tailgate hinge ,lower left but it will need some cleaning and better eyes than mine!

To BJG, glad you like the willys....silly girl
Title: Re: new from ohio
Post by: RICKG on February 15, 2016, 02:57:22 PM
Looks like it has a M38 tailgate with reinforcements, no Willys stamped in center.