My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => Engine compartment => Topic started by: Toms1951 on June 14, 2025, 09:38:11 PM

Title: Hasting Rings
Post by: Toms1951 on June 14, 2025, 09:38:11 PM
I was reconditioning an L134 and during the new Hastings ring installation, standard size, I noticed a manufacturing defect in the ring.  The number two. I attached a picture.  Would anyone use this ring?

 Well I decided not to.  It may not be an airplane engine, but I just did t want to risk a failure.  I ordered a new single piston set.  Didn’t bother with a return. 
Title: Re: Hasting Rings
Post by: Rus Curtis on June 14, 2025, 11:00:22 PM
I was reconditioning an L134 and during the new Hastings ring installation, standard size, I noticed a manufacturing defect in the ring.  The number two. I attached a picture.  Would anyone use this ring?

 Well I decided not to.  It may not be an airplane engine, but I just did t want to risk a failure.  I ordered a new single piston set.  Didn’t bother with a return.


I've never seen that before.  Took me a minute to find it on the full ring image.