My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Classifieds Ads => Buy, Sell, Trade => Topic started by: TWN51 on May 12, 2023, 04:15:24 PM

Title: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: TWN51 on May 12, 2023, 04:15:24 PM
My 51 3A has a cheap reproduction temp gauge in it and I would like to replace it with an original temp gauge. If you have an original one - even if it needs repairs, I would be interested.
Thanks
Tom
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: Hamhog on May 16, 2023, 09:08:51 PM
I've got one. Let me dig it out and see if it works.
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: TWN51 on May 19, 2023, 08:46:04 PM
Thanks Dave. Just let me know. Tom
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: Hamhog on May 20, 2023, 03:13:59 PM
There’s an original on eBay for $98. Item 125941412917
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: Hamhog on May 20, 2023, 06:49:19 PM
The one I have has the bulb broken off. I'm sure it can be repaired but don't know by who or how much it'd cost.
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: TWN51 on May 21, 2023, 07:22:26 AM
I had one repaired several years ago. If the gauge is in decent shape otherwise, I would be interested.
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: TWN51 on May 21, 2023, 07:40:19 AM
I checked out the gauge on ebay. I believe that the correct gauge reads the temperature from roughly the 10 o'clock to the 2 o'clock position for the 51. I could be wrong...
Title: Re: WTB Temp Gauge
Post by: Hamhog on May 21, 2023, 10:27:12 AM
I didn't realize they were different. The one I have is the earlier (probably CJ2A style) version, like the one on eBay. I'll keep an eye out for the one you need though.