My Willys 3A and 3B Community
How To Join => Once You've Joined => Topic started by: Forum Master on October 18, 2022, 07:52:52 PM
-
Welcome to the CJ DJ 3A 3B Willys Community Forum Dasvis!
Tell us more about you and your Willys!
We love pics so don't be afraid to post pics of your Willys.
Here we like any kind of them!
You will find a lots of smart people here that are willing to help.
Enjoy your stay,
Pascal and all forum members
-
Hello all -
Joining this forum with my new to me 1953 CJ3A, serial # 453-GB1 11266. It is pretty much a basket case right now (an abandoned project). Appears mostly complete minus engine. Fortunately for me last month I picked up an early '60's Hobart 250A gas welder that used an L134 Willys to power it. Even better, I got it to run!
The '53 sports a Ramsey X200R PTO winch, new 7.50-16 tires (well, 9 year old new tires), new shocks, new leaf springs, & a bunch of other misc small parts. Looking forward to working on it.
Not my first Jeep - i also have a 1947 Willys CJ2A, serial # 88659 that I picked up back in 2019. It was in about that same shape as the '53 except it had an engine. I have rebuilt EVERY mechanical component on it, but left the body as it was. Finished it up enough to make it street legal & drove it all summer -- 1400 miles so far. An overdrive is in it's future.....
I am also on the CJ2A page under the same name.
Will be posting photos as soon as I figure this software out
(http://)
-
Dasvis,
Welcome! Congrats on your "new" project!