My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => BODY and trim => Topic started by: Mytwojeeps2020 on July 01, 2022, 09:21:34 AM

Title: Bed Lining Entire Jeep
Post by: Mytwojeeps2020 on July 01, 2022, 09:21:34 AM
Has anymore done this? If so, why?

Thanks!
Title: Re: Bed Lining Entire Jeep
Post by: oldtime on July 01, 2022, 07:46:52 PM
Yes back in 1980 I lined a complete 2A with new pieces of orange colored 3/8” thick conveyor belting.
Cut and trimmed all pieces to fit. Even had pieces fit into the tub sides.
Not sure why I did but I guess it was to protect the paint and deaden road noise.
Title: Re: Bed Lining Entire Jeep
Post by: Mark W. on July 02, 2022, 10:47:04 AM
I have my front floor done with Herculier applied with a stipple brush. I did it over top of 2) coats of Primer 2 coats of Epoxy sealer and 3 coats of single stage Polyurethane. Which was allowed to fully cure. Then carefully scuffed up with 220 grit paper. followed by vaccuming and a wipe down with Prep-all.

I am so far very happy with both the look at the textured results.

I would never coat a whole jeep unless the body was no worth fixing up. Once moisture gets under it and it will unless you have like I did a complete solid paint layer under it. You will have the metal rust out inside it. Its a super PITA to get off and should you need to do any repair work to the sheet metal it can double the amount of work required,