My Willys 3A and 3B Community
TECH FAQ SECTIONS => BODY and trim => Topic started by: farm1810 on June 11, 2022, 06:29:28 AM
-
Hello all. I have a CJ3A moved my steering box out front (Saginaw) and got a DJ5A steering column that has a spline on the engine bay end to accept a universal joint. I used the dash bracket that was already welding to the steering column tube. I don't have the seats reupholstered as yet, but I did just mount the windshield frame. My problem is, I installed aftermarket electric wipers on the windshield frame and there is only about 1/2" clearance between the steering wheel and the drivers side wiper motor. I think I have the steering column angle correct as it simply locates through the same hole in the floor pan and then then attaches to the bottom of the dash. But, I think I may need to raise the column a bit and move the bracket welded to the steering column tube. Could someone measure the distance from the dash mount bracket to the base of the steering wheel on your CJ3A and post it? That would help me a great deal. Thank you. R.
-
farm,
If able, you may want to post images of how your column looks (angle-wise and also how it's attached to the instrument panel bracket. This would give 3A owners a bit more information on what's going on.
While it could be your column, I could imagine that there may also be some adjustment on the windshield frame that could help you as well.