My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => EVERYTHING ELSE, General tips => Topic started by: Marla.the.V35 on January 05, 2022, 05:51:11 PM

Title: Title shows incorrect year....
Post by: Marla.the.V35 on January 05, 2022, 05:51:11 PM
Do I jump through the hoops to correct it, or do I let sleeping dogs lie?

Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm not sure why this was listed as a '42 (because the V-35 was only made in 1950...if it really is a V-35 lol) but I'm guessing PO or GPO wanted to get around some kind of emissions/tax/etc.?
Title: Re: Title shows incorrect year....
Post by: SteveKfl on January 05, 2022, 06:47:17 PM
My best guess is... it all depends on if the title and registration has already been "accepted" by your controlling agency, and/or the "next buyer's concern for title accuracy", and/or possibly an "insurance claim" where "correct make and model verification" for "value" and/or "policy coverage" would be critical.  Like I said my "guess".  If it is only for personal collection, and/or only off-road use and not insured, then it is your call.   
Title: Re: Title shows incorrect year....
Post by: Bob W on January 06, 2022, 07:28:38 PM
It is most certainly a 1950 CJ-V35/U. Could be that someone just made a mistake when getting the title. Most people don't know what a CJ-V35/U is, or when it was made. Here in NY they would just use the year that was entered on the form.