My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Classifieds Ads => Buy, Sell, Trade => Topic started by: Stingray on April 18, 2020, 09:49:11 AM

Title: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers *Found*
Post by: Stingray on April 18, 2020, 09:49:11 AM
Wanted: Looking for two CJ2A cast iron rear axle bumper spacers that the rubber axle bumpers mount to. Thanks
*Found locally* Thanks
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Hamhog on April 18, 2020, 07:06:29 PM
What's the difference between the front and rear spacers?
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Stingray on April 18, 2020, 09:24:26 PM
Im not really sure but the parts manual shows the front as part number 646671 and the rear as part number 640207. Since the rubber bumpers fit the front and the back I can only guess the rear spacers might be thicker than the front ones.
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Bob W on April 19, 2020, 06:28:25 AM
I think the shape is different because the frame is not exactly the same front/rear.
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: OnlyOneDR on April 19, 2020, 08:21:33 PM
I think the shape is different because the frame is not exactly the same front/rear.

Correct.  Front ones are flat, rear ones have a curve at the forward end.
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Hamhog on April 20, 2020, 04:17:12 PM
I might have a set.  Let me check.
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Stingray on April 20, 2020, 09:09:37 PM
Thanks
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Hamhog on April 21, 2020, 12:15:47 PM
I’m still digging through parts. I’m pretty sure I’ve got a complete set (front/back) somewhere.

What are they worth to you if I can find them? Or maybe a trade?
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Hamhog on April 21, 2020, 01:23:24 PM
I found them.  I'm assuming the rear are on the bottom and the fronts are on the top.
Title: Re: Wanted: CJ2A Rear Axle Bumper Spacers
Post by: Stingray on April 21, 2020, 10:09:13 PM
PM Sent