My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => Engine compartment => Topic started by: Vincent on February 26, 2020, 06:13:44 PM

Title: Timing Gear Cover
Post by: Vincent on February 26, 2020, 06:13:44 PM
The Oil fitting on my timing gear cover is stripped. This fitting looks like it is welded on, is that correct? I see my only option is to remove the timing gear cover and get a replacement.  Does anyone have any other option?
Title: Re: Timing Gear Cover
Post by: oldtime on February 26, 2020, 07:18:14 PM
The female fitting is brazed onto the timing cover.
Should be easy for anyone with an oxyacetylene torch  to remove and replace it.
And yes it must be removed from the engine for that.
Title: Re: Timing Gear Cover
Post by: Vincent on February 26, 2020, 08:59:16 PM
ugh!  thanks. Just when I thought I was in the home stretch with the engine.