My Willys 3A and 3B Community

TECH FAQ SECTIONS => BODY and trim => Topic started by: Steve R on January 08, 2020, 01:56:08 PM

Title: Floor Mats?
Post by: Steve R on January 08, 2020, 01:56:08 PM
Has anyone found a good source for CJ3A floor mats. The ones from my previous owner are disintegrating and I can't find any replacements on-line. Know there are probably some made for something else that will fit just fine... just don't know what they are.

Steve
Title: Re: Floor Mats?
Post by: aboyandhisdog on January 08, 2020, 02:34:34 PM
Hi Steve,  Not sure just what kind of mat you are looking for.  But about 10 years ago I bought a pair of rear "universal" rubber mats from O'Reilly's or somewhere like that and they fit in the front floors perfectly.  They even came in tan to match my seats.  Rear "waterhog" mats would probably fit well too.
Title: Re: Floor Mats?
Post by: Steve R on January 08, 2020, 08:20:32 PM
Thanks. I will take my worn out mats and look for something close.

Steve
Title: Re: Floor Mats?
Post by: Rus Curtis on January 09, 2020, 02:01:51 PM
I bought a set from a vendor years ago.  Still rolled up in the box.  They are very thin and flimsy.  I don't think they'd hold up well under regular use.  I like the idea of readily available floor mats that will fit - as I think they'd hold up better (and easier to replace when needed).
Title: Re: Floor Mats?
Post by: Chuck W. on January 23, 2020, 11:49:55 AM
The rear floor mats from my 2018 Silverado 2500 fit pretty well in the front of my CJ3B.
Title: Re: Floor Mats?
Post by: Oilleaker1 on January 26, 2020, 05:44:16 PM
Walmart sells exercise mats for treadmills etc. for 20 bucks. I used one for the rear floor and made patterns with cardboard and then cut front ones from the mat roll. They are pretty soft. I then just bought universal black mats from Walmart's floor mat section and fit them over the top of the soft mats in front. You have to shop to find mats that don't have football spike bottoms!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate those. They were made to grip carpet, not paint.

If you want sound deadener, ebay sells closed cell black foam you can cut into needed shapes also.

John