My Willys 3A and 3B Community

Clubs and Events => PAST EVENTS: => Topic started by: Lee on December 26, 2015, 09:45:20 AM

Title: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Lee on December 26, 2015, 09:45:20 AM
Whitewood South Dakota
6/20/16
6/25/16
Contact
Oilleaker for details!

[media]http://youtu.be/DDNWlfdPUH8[/media]

Lee ;)
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet
Post by: Oilleaker1 on December 26, 2015, 02:53:58 PM
Well done Lee! I hope you guys will consider having some Jeep fun in June. This is just a fun thing to do. It is informal, all are responsible for their actions. We will go do some trailing together as a bunch of friends who went Jeeping. Is there anything better? We've already done it, and you know what, we want to do it again. Lodging, camping, gas, food, all is here in  Whitewood. Looking forward to another good summer fellows, hope you are too! John
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet
Post by: aboyandhisdog on December 28, 2015, 12:04:18 PM
That is excellent, Lee!  It looks like Whitewood comes to the Big Screen - it will never be the same again.
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: johnrb3b on December 31, 2015, 08:55:21 AM
I haven't been able to retire yet (soon, soon) so can't make it this year. Maybe 2017.
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Tumbleweed on December 31, 2015, 03:06:45 PM
I'm in the same place as John not retired yet but soon (2018) unless I hit the jackpot sooner. I only have 3 weeks vacation and this year wife said the beach better be on the list. Great video and I hope the tradition continues as this will be on my list of must see and do! So I'll just have to keep dreaming and check in daily.



Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Oilleaker1 on December 31, 2015, 03:16:16 PM
There is a beach at Pactola Lake . Will that work for her?  ;)
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Oilleaker1 on December 31, 2015, 03:19:43 PM
I was tired and now am retired. Don't wait too long to retire! You may never get the chance. I had a very good friend tell me this when I was 50. I'm 61 and guess what, both he and his wife are no longer with us. I've lost several others that were car buddies. So, I hope I'll be here when you are ready. John
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Bruce_W on January 03, 2016, 07:53:55 PM
  I'm not retired yet, but I will be by then! And I will be there!  BW
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: DougE on May 09, 2016, 03:37:19 PM
New member/First post!

I just moved to the Black Hills a few years ago (Hill City) and saw that there was a meet scheduled right in my backyard this June!

I have just started into our 1951 CJ3A so I am excited to get to know the members who will be attending. 

Perhaps I should schedule a BBQ at the house while everyone is here?

Anyway, GREAT site with an amazing amount of knowledge for the asking-I just might get through this restoration now!
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: RICKG on May 09, 2016, 03:54:37 PM
You're in the right place at the right time Doug. Just head out to "Camp Leaker" just outside of Whitewood any late afternoon while the event is on and meet the whole gang! There are always extra seats during the trail rides-just jump in and hang on!
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/black-hills-jeep-meet-2015_topic33702.html
Poke here for last years run..fotos and stuff start about pg13..
Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: DougE on May 16, 2016, 09:16:21 AM
Woot!  I can't wait (and neither can my better half)!

We do have a one bedroom "Mother-in-Law" apartment with it's own entrance/bath/kitchen/bedroom (and separate from the rest of the house)...if someone wants to stay with us and save the motel costs, it's up for grabs.  One old (1905) brass full size bed but can host up to 4 with cots/couch.  Would trade for a couple of empty seats on a trail ride or two-and guidance on replacing the inner seals on my Dana 25 front axle!  :)

Title: Re: 2016 Black Hills Jeep Meet - June 2016
Post by: Oilleaker1 on May 22, 2016, 05:19:03 PM
Just under 4 weeks away. Get your Jeeps ready. We go Jeeping for fun! Oilly