My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: mtnman37879 on March 21, 2017, 10:33:46 AM
-
I'm brand new here but I've pulled wrenches professionally for the last 45 years. I see a lot of post about stuck fasteners. NEVER-SEEZ. It need to be in your tool box and use it everywhere two pieces of metal touch. Next time you have to take her apart, she'll be easy.
https://www.amazon.com/Never-Seez-NSBT-8-Regular-Anti-Seize-Compound/dp/B000KZCU26
-
Great tip. Sure wish Willys Overland would have had a similar product back in the day.
I do use the Permatex version here and there.
-
Good idea. I used it in some places when I put my 3A together. When I took it apart I used a torch and a big hammer!!!
-
I also use a similar product....might also be Permatex.....I've not seen the Never-Seez but will look....
The Model A guys recommend smearing lithium grease on the INSIDE of radiator hoses before assembly......they slide on easy and are much easier to remove next time around!
-
I've been using this product for a few decades.
I've been happy with the results every time.
It's a silver paste in a brush cap can.
Part # 133K