My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: athawk11 on July 19, 2016, 01:12:50 PM

Title: Turn Signal Blinker Module
Post by: athawk11 on July 19, 2016, 01:12:50 PM
Hi all,
On a prior project, I used a 3-prong blinker module for the turn signals. My new turn signal switch says I can use a 2-prong or 3-prong blinker module.   At the auto parts store I found a 2-prong marked "LOUD" and wanted to give it a shot.  (I sometimes forget to turn the signal off)

Questions: 
-Has anyone tried the "LOUD" version? 
-Is it "LOUD" enough to hear it over a running L-134 and the windshield down?
-Is it true that I can use a 2-prong module?

Note:  This is that generic turn signal switch that everyone sells.

Hawk
Title: Re: Turn Signal Blinker Module
Post by: specialty on July 19, 2016, 05:15:07 PM
I never heard of this before. Just what does it do? Beep when the flasher is on?
Title: Re: Turn Signal Blinker Module
Post by: CJPilot on July 19, 2016, 06:02:50 PM
I�m not much help either.  Years ago, I�d install heavy duty flashers in fleet trucks and they were louder than a typical flasher.

I found this via Google   ï¿½A 2 prong flasher is switched in series with the turn lights, and interrupts the circuit to produce "blinking". The three prong flasher does the same except an extra contact is made available to feed an indicator light on the switch.�
Title: Re: Turn Signal Blinker Module
Post by: BMIC on July 20, 2016, 07:26:35 AM
No answers for you Hawk but I am guilty of forgetting to reset the blinker as well. I hope we can find a solution on this thread as I have had one close call and do not want another.
Forget hand signals, 75% of today's drivers have no clue what you are doing.