My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: pgbuick on March 30, 2015, 02:40:55 PM
-
I have a hood going on my 3A project but do not know what the hood originally came from. Could be a 2A, 3A or M38 hood. It had multiple holes drilled in it for windshield blocks. Are the holes in the same location for 2A and 3A windshields? I am welding up all the holes I don't need, but need to know which ones are correct. This hood also has a pair of holes on each side up closer to the cowl. They look to be OEM holes. What are they for?
Thanks,
Pat
-
PJ,
Later 3A and M38... The front mounting hole position...
From center seam out...13"
From front edge of hood back...2 1/4" for first hole. I don't have a measurement for the back hole, but it would be close to 2 3/4" to 2 7/8" back from the first hole.
Earlier 3As and 2As. The blocks are not equidistant from the center seam. Driver side...13" Passenger side...10 1/4".
Tim
-
M-38 hoods do not have the Willys stamping on each side. There is a bit of overlap but generally a "CJ-2A" hood rear reinforcement is made up from 3 separate pieces while a "CJ-3A" hood rear reinforcement is one piece.
-
Awesome! Very helpful. Thanks guys.