My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: scoutpilot on June 29, 2014, 07:13:46 AM

Title: If you don't already know this...
Post by: scoutpilot on June 29, 2014, 07:13:46 AM
[size=12]I don't want to start a problem. I want to answer some questions that have come my way recently. Please read these two articles as they do apply to many of you.[/size][/b]

http://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2013/02/28/ethanol-in-gas

http://www.enginebuildermag.com/2013/11/impact-of-todays-fuels-n-carbureted-engines/
Title: Re: If you don't already know this...
Post by: Carls_jeep on June 29, 2014, 11:24:01 AM
Interesting, thanks Scout.
Title: Re: If you don't already know this...
Post by: johnrb3b on June 30, 2014, 01:00:06 PM
Interesting.
The first article doesn't give enough information to make a judgement. But it seems to be out of touch with reality.
The second article is full of good technically based info that seems to support the experience of many, many antique car owners.

As a matter of normal maintenance, I put Stabil in all my old Jeeps, trusting the word of the manufacturer and other old vehicle owners that it will mitigate most of the ill effects of ethanol. I hope they are right.
Title: Re: If you don't already know this...
Post by: Carls_jeep on July 01, 2014, 04:41:43 PM
Since I have overhauled my carb and engine I have had no issues with fuel. I drive it year round and put a lot of miles on it. I think the problem comes with those that only drive their Jeep a few times a year.

Title: Re: If you don't already know this...
Post by: scoutpilot on July 02, 2014, 05:00:03 AM
[size=12]It was aimed at the part-timers.[/size][/b]