My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Gunslinger on March 19, 2014, 09:03:42 PM

Title: Generator bracket
Post by: Gunslinger on March 19, 2014, 09:03:42 PM
Anybody out there have the dimensions for the original generator bracket?  I converted The jeep to twelve volt and had to use a universal bracket, as usual one size fits all really means one size fits nothing!  I've messed with it several times and can't seem to get closer than about one half inch from in line with the pump pulley.  To make things more interesting I can't locate my old bracket >:(

So the plan is to build a new bracket that fits the motor like the original and fits the new alternator like it should.  Dims and pics would be great.  Thanks gents,
Gun
Title: Re: Generator bracket
Post by: athawk11 on March 19, 2014, 10:49:31 PM
(http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/athawk11/athawk11%20Willys%20White/gennybracketDEM_zps7bab5693.jpg)


A.� 5-7/8"� �overall length
B.� 2-9/16" from the back of bracket to outer most edge. There is a slight radius on the end.
C.� 1-1/4"� �tall
D.� 1/4"� �� �steel thickness
E.� 1"� �� �� �Tube outside diameter

1-1/2" -from back of bracket to center of tube

I can't tell you what the inside diameter of the tube is because I'm all together now, but you could measure the grommet for this information.

Tim
Title: Re: Generator bracket
Post by: Carls_jeep on March 20, 2014, 09:35:47 AM
The past owner of my Jeep put a 12v system in but misaligned the pulleys. To fix it I just fabricated my own bracket. It wasn't easy but it is correct now.
Title: Re: Generator bracket
Post by: macrisel on March 20, 2014, 09:50:19 AM
Like Carl, the past owner of my jeep rigged my generator bracket also........and cut the front plate to make the change.  I had to fab spacers to get everything lined back up.

Hang in there, you're not alone!
Title: Re: Generator bracket
Post by: Gunslinger on March 21, 2014, 03:46:06 PM
Thanks to you all, I will overcome !!!!