My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Otto R on January 04, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

Title: Engine color
Post by: Otto R on January 04, 2014, 07:50:26 PM
What would be a factory engine color? I just primed my motor! Take note to the head! After rust removal I noticed I have a ford script head block?
Title: Re: Engine color
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on January 04, 2014, 07:57:28 PM
Looks like a GPW head..

http://ww2jeeps.com/htm/heads.htm
Title: Re: Engine color
Post by: Gunslinger on January 04, 2014, 08:14:55 PM
(http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/banjo19/Jeep11-30-11016.jpg) (http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/banjo19/media/Jeep11-30-11016.jpg.html)

I'm partial to Red Heads.. and black blocks

(http://i1089.photobucket.com/albums/i356/banjo19/Jeep11-30-11001.jpg) (http://s1089.photobucket.com/user/banjo19/media/Jeep11-30-11001.jpg.html)

This is an original 6 cyl mounted in a wagon
Title: Re: Engine color
Post by: athawk11 on January 04, 2014, 08:22:06 PM
On a 3A, the original engine color would be semi gloss black.� If you want to pay homage to your head, a GPW engine originally would have been grey.

Tim