My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Heimbig on August 18, 2013, 01:32:41 PM

Title: vacuum lines
Post by: Heimbig on August 18, 2013, 01:32:41 PM
I have a stock 1952 3A and I am wanting to make sure I hook up the stock steel vacuum lines correctly.  There are two that are connected to the fuel pump with a rubber hose.  One goes to the wiper and the other to the intake manifold.

Does the line on the fuel pump that is next to the engine go to the wiper or the one near the fender side?

Thanks

Mike
Title: Re: vacuum lines
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on August 18, 2013, 01:43:23 PM
Here is a diagram of the crankcase ventilation...

http://www.cj3a.info/tech/pcv.html

The PCV valve on the center of the�intake manifold is connected to the cup on the side valve cover...

But as i read more on this there may be a line to the intake manifold as well...

Do you have pictures? I would like to see your intake manifold plumbing....

Title: Re: vacuum lines
Post by: Heimbig on August 18, 2013, 02:39:20 PM
The pvc line is separate, the other lines are vacuum.
Title: Re: vacuum lines
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on August 18, 2013, 02:56:22 PM
I did not realize that one of the vacuum lines from the fuel pump was routed to the intake manifold until you brought it up.....

I've looked at my pump and the port closest to the block is marked "IN" but I'm not sure what that refers to.."intake" maybe?...the other port is not marked....

I am also in the process of re-assembling my engine....

Title: Re: vacuum lines
Post by: Ryan_M on August 18, 2013, 04:51:12 PM
The engine-side line goes to the intake manifold and the fender-side one goes to the wipers. I'm posting one of Tim's (athawk11) pics from when I asked a similar question awhile back. His is about as clean an arrangement as you'll see anywhere.
Title: Re: vacuum lines
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on August 18, 2013, 08:19:26 PM
Worth a thousand words....