My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Tumbleweed on August 12, 2013, 10:09:28 AM

Title: Swaping Generator F134 to L134
Post by: Tumbleweed on August 12, 2013, 10:09:28 AM
Anyone see any issues with taking the generator off an F134 and using it on L134? I am thinking about putting an alternator on my 53 wagon and using the gen/volt reg. for my 49 CJ3A.

Thanks,

George
Title: Re: Swaping Generator F134 to L134
Post by: bretto on August 12, 2013, 10:43:35 AM
No problem as long as the output voltage is proper for the system.
Title: Re: Swaping Generator F134 to L134
Post by: Quebec Jeep on August 12, 2013, 11:32:56 AM
If I remember correctly, the generator on the F134 is 12 Volts.

The stock generator on a L134 is 6 Volts.

You should match proper generator and voltage regulator
Title: Re: Swaping Generator F134 to L134
Post by: Tumbleweed on August 12, 2013, 04:34:32 PM
Actually I had the generator rebuilt for 12V and matched up the VR on my wagon. I know this sounds crazy but my wife would like to have A/C in the wagon - something about the heat in Texas - Had a friend of mine put an airconditioner in his model A with stock engine and it was nice!