My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: garage gnome on July 21, 2013, 07:12:06 PM

Title: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: garage gnome on July 21, 2013, 07:12:06 PM
I putting a shopping list together for the parts I need for my '49. I have a question about the rear floor from classic enterprises.

Does it come with the holes for the rear seat clips?
Title: Re: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on July 21, 2013, 07:23:59 PM
Mine did not.

The indentations are there for the footman loops, but no clip holes and no cross piece on the indents where the front legs hook...
Title: Re: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: garage gnome on July 21, 2013, 07:29:35 PM
Ok, thanks Randy. I can cut the cross pieces off my old rear floor and weld back on the new. I can probably make a pattern too for the holes for the rear clips from my old floor.
Title: Re: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on July 21, 2013, 07:34:34 PM
I'm sure you could...

That was my plan, but I have no rear seat and the clips are pretty rusty...maybe it will be a good project once the jeep is back together....
Title: Re: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: Jesse on July 21, 2013, 07:57:02 PM
Mine did not, but it was a one off so I don't know. They might cut them for you if you asked.

-Jesse
Title: Re: Classic ent. rear floor
Post by: Rus Curtis on July 21, 2013, 09:47:46 PM
I also have the CE rear deck installed.� Great idea to keep the old floor to use as a pattern.� I too had to harvest the plates that go across the indentation for the front legs of the rear seat.� One thing I noted was the ribs will need to be altered (mashed down) where they attach so they are flush and nothing protrudes above the ribs.  Also, the step bolts that hold the body to the frame needed a square hole for me.� Minor things really but it is a stout piece of metal.