My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: ZekeD on April 23, 2013, 09:45:05 PM

Title: Harrison heater supply tubes.
Post by: ZekeD on April 23, 2013, 09:45:05 PM
   I just bought a nice Harrison off of ebay, but the  copper
Feed tubes are short....like 3in overall.    I saw a pic by Gnome where they were longer and had a baffle
On them.   Was surgery done in the name of speed?

Can you sweat AN fittings to make it thru the firewall?   She aint a show queen.

Thanks
ZD
Title: Re: Harrison heater supply tubes.
Post by: garage gnome on April 23, 2013, 09:46:27 PM
Yes, you should be able to sweat some tubing onto the ends. I think it is 1/2".
Title: Re: Harrison heater supply tubes.
Post by: Gunslinger on April 26, 2013, 04:21:36 PM
Simple half inch copper, but here is the kicker, if the supply tubes are too long you can't get the heater up into the firewall!! I cut about 1/2 inch off of mine for easier installation, the protrude about1/2 inch from the firewall now and that works well.
Title: Re: Harrison heater supply tubes.
Post by: ZekeD on April 26, 2013, 10:46:53 PM
Thank you thank you......I will be careful