My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: maximushuntermus on April 09, 2013, 10:47:43 PM
-
Is the flat portion on the tube supposed to be parallel to the hood? I bought this reproduction gem off ebay and it doesn't seem right, yes no ?
(http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/u552/maximushuntermus/Willys/IMG_20130409_085739_300_zpsf3268056.jpg)
-
It's not right, but it is a correct copy of original cross over tubes. The cross over tube has a flat indentation to accommodate the radiator stabilizing rod that goes from the lip of the cowl just above the firewall to the radiator on bottom-mount radiators. �I have never seen an original with the indentation on the top of the cross over tube where it should be. �The indentations are always a bit (quite a bit) off. �
-
What Calvin said although my '49s is on top. My '53 has it like yours.
(http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/willyscjmj/1949%203A/989a1c25.jpg)
-
In Bob's book there is a mention of when that dimple left the production line...Side mount radiators do not need it but it took a while to drop that feature from production.
-
Alright I won't sweat it then Thanks again gentlemen...