My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Macgraham on April 03, 2013, 03:23:22 PM

Title: 11" brakes
Post by: Macgraham on April 03, 2013, 03:23:22 PM

(http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u424/macgraham/P4030016_zps1844dc2f.jpg)

Can anyone tell me where these backing plates originated or at least how to find replacement shoes. Thanks
Title: Re: 11" brakes
Post by: garage gnome on April 03, 2013, 04:38:09 PM
Looks like the ones used on trucks and wagons. I have 11 inchers on he Jalopy and they are newer style with the adjustment on the bottom versus the cam adjusters. Those came from a later FSJ. I so I would say yours are older truck or wagon. Walcks should have them.
Title: Re: 11" brakes
Post by: garage gnome on April 03, 2013, 04:39:50 PM
These look the same to me based on the bottom holes where the spring attaches.

http://walcks4wd.com/11-shoe-set.html