My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Kenny_Kustom on April 01, 2013, 09:28:19 AM
-
Could someone post a pic of how the foot starter rod is supposed to attach to the starter/linkage?
-
Nate posted this picture on a thread that i started....
http://cj3apage.com/forum-yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1362803414/15
-
Yep, that would be how it goes. Your push rod comes down and out of the body and connects to the drive engagement lever.
-
Not what I wanted to hear. >:(
Mine has a rod through the firewall, down to a linkage that runs on top of the trans, over to another lever that pushes on the starter.
(http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/kennykustom/55B59F74-B413-4DA0-953C-EA3D0D92F784-7095-0000073EE3C1A4EA.jpg)
(http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/kennykustom/8736A04C-DD0F-4ADF-A9BA-46341AFBBB85-7095-0000073F3061163A.jpg)
-
So... Where is it supposed to come through the firewall ?
Right beside my hole, where that spot has been patched ?
-
Someone has tried to adapt the utility vehicle type linkage onto your CJ-3A. On a stock CJ-3A the pushrod pedal attaches directly to the starter.
-
Mine is right near the bottom of the parking brake brace that you can see in your picture. Looks like bubba did something to yours. I know there is a later version of this linkage. I'm not sure what it looks like.
-
Bob posted the same time I did. He is right. Disregard what I said about the other version.
-
Not what I wanted to hear. �>:(
Mine has a rod through the firewall, down to a linkage that runs on top of the trans, over to another lever that pushes on the starter.
(http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/kennykustom/55B59F74-B413-4DA0-953C-EA3D0D92F784-7095-0000073EE3C1A4EA.jpg)
(http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g147/kennykustom/8736A04C-DD0F-4ADF-A9BA-46341AFBBB85-7095-0000073F3061163A.jpg)
Here is a picture of mine..needs a little work!
(http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/green55jeep/51%20cj-3a%20rust%20pictures/th_P1040853_zps5269e106.jpg) (http://s1055.photobucket.com/user/green55jeep/media/51%20cj-3a%20rust%20pictures/P1040853_zps5269e106.jpg.html)
How do you post those large pictures??
Randy
-
Are you using photobucket? It looks like you are using the thumbnail links instead of the regular img links.