My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: terryb on March 29, 2013, 11:33:53 AM

Title: start up
Post by: terryb on March 29, 2013, 11:33:53 AM
hello gentlemen, i have a new solex carb on my cj3a and it seems to be cold blooded. after it gets warmed up it seems to run fine. ive read alot about installing a fuel pressure regulator to dial down the pressure, how important is this and do you think this would help on my start ups.
thanks to all,
terry b.
Title: Re: start up
Post by: F Bill on March 29, 2013, 12:07:33 PM
Do you have the enrichment valve/choke hooked up? When it starts do you have a cloud of black smoke?

Solexes do not like excess pressure but whether that is causing your startup problems, I don't know.
Title: Re: start up
Post by: Gunslinger on March 29, 2013, 09:01:19 PM
I don't have a solex but from what I've read the fuel regulator is the first place to start in diagnosing problems. �
Title: Re: start up
Post by: jeffbo1 on March 30, 2013, 08:20:26 PM
I run a Solex and they most certainly run rich! Especially if you don't have a pressure regulator....you can change the jets and this will help a lot....Go to GeneGurg.com for jets

Title: Re: start up
Post by: jeffbo1 on March 30, 2013, 08:20:49 PM
Correction....GeneBurg.com