My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: maximushuntermus on February 28, 2013, 05:56:45 PM

Title: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: maximushuntermus on February 28, 2013, 05:56:45 PM
Can someone tell me how the radiator shroud fastens to the radiator? Looks like there are 3 small holes maybe 1/8 inch or so, on each side, leading me to think sheet metal screws short but want to be sure, both items were hard to find don't want to screw up now. Oh yeah sorry it's a 1950 CJ3a, thanks in advance for your time.
Title: Re: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on February 28, 2013, 06:09:32 PM
Here you are....just happen to have them at hand...

(http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/green55jeep/1951%20CJ-3A/th_radiatorshroudscrew-2_zps0aed6ca3.jpg) (http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/green55jeep/1951%20CJ-3A/?action=view&current=radiatorshroudscrew-2_zps0aed6ca3.jpg)

(http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/green55jeep/1951%20CJ-3A/th_radiatorshroudscrew-1_zps7be053f4.jpg) (http://s1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/green55jeep/1951%20CJ-3A/?action=view&current=radiatorshroudscrew-1_zps7be053f4.jpg)
Title: Re: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: Quebec Jeep on February 28, 2013, 07:03:59 PM
That's right. Good picture of it
Title: Re: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: maximushuntermus on February 28, 2013, 07:19:25 PM
Awesome that's kind a what I was thinking, thanks again, I'm new here had been lurking for a while but I'm full blown into restoration mode now and hope that I too will have an answer for someone asking.
Title: Re: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: 1955CJ-5 on February 28, 2013, 09:45:41 PM
Glad to help....

Just post some pictures, we are easily entertained!!

Randy
Title: Re: Radiator Shroud Mounting
Post by: Quebec Jeep on March 01, 2013, 09:00:14 AM
I invite you to post pictures and tell us about you into our forum section "Once you joined" http://cj3apage.com/forum-yabb/YaBB.pl?board=Intro