My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: F Bill on February 26, 2013, 09:26:52 AM
-
Hi guys....we have a tech FAQ section here, with a few posts on how to do basic and not so basic jobs on your jeeps in it. It has been brought to my attention that we don't have a FAQ post on HOW TO ADJUST the stock brakes. Anyone up to the challenge?
If you are doing brakes this winter why not take a few pictures and download them to the site ?? We can edit and organize the results into a good FAQ post.
We could also use a how to install new shoes and wheel cylinders and a how to on removing the rear hubs in the FAQ section. We do have some brake stuff on the main page but it is incomplete.
-
I can pop a rear off my '49 and snap some pictures. Don't really want to yank anything apart though. The brakes are woking great now.
-
This picture might be useful too. It shows the difference between early and late 9" drums.
(http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx125/willyscjmj/6CDDE17C-3DA8-4FCE-B0D5-B3233C56D447-15008-00001BE18C4C817C_zps49b5bd4d.jpg)
-
Not to mention a most invaluable tool! ;)
-
I picked my tool up at a swap meet, 15 bucks. He did not know what it was for....But I did. :)
-
Ironically, I am starting a stock break project. MC piston is seized. Pulled a rear drum last night to find a wheel cylinder filled with crud. This Willys sat idle for 25 years. It is a 2A, but that shouldn't bother anyone.
I'll try to get something started.
Tim