My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: BMIC on February 22, 2013, 10:24:13 AM

Title: Grounding?
Post by: BMIC on February 22, 2013, 10:24:13 AM
Where are the best grounding locations for both the battery ground and the braided engine to frame ground?
Thanks
Title: Re: Grounding?
Post by: Ryan_M on February 22, 2013, 10:57:42 AM
Here's what I did...and I never realize how dirty my Jeep really is until I take close-up flash pictures. Geez, what a slob:

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/51%20Willys%20Jeep%20CJ3A%20Rehab/DSCN1934_zpsc887eb25.jpg)

(http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z403/rmurdock2121/51%20Willys%20Jeep%20CJ3A%20Rehab/DSCN1935_zps0534a5c0.jpg)
Title: Re: Grounding?
Post by: BMIC on February 22, 2013, 02:43:31 PM
Thanks Ryan, I was thinking the samething but got questioning the engine plate to frame location because of the engine plate gasket being a possible insulator. Maybe the engine block itself is a better ground but where? And maybe I'm just over thinking this?
Title: Re: Grounding?
Post by: athawk11 on February 22, 2013, 11:15:40 PM
BMIC,

I have the two grounds that Ryan shows, + a ground attached to a flywheel bolt and over to my frame. It was on my Willys when I got it, so I left it.  This might address your concerns about the engine plate gasket.

Tim