My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: CJPilot on October 19, 2012, 08:10:14 AM

Title: CJ3A Body Kit Crate
Post by: CJPilot on October 19, 2012, 08:10:14 AM
For those of you who may wonder what a repo Jeep body kit looks like in its shipping crate here is mine.

(http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o537/CJPilot1/Publiccj3a/cj3abodykitinshippingarea-1.jpg)

This was drop shipped from Omix-ada in Georgia. �I ordered it from Carl Walck �on Monday morning and it was in my shop Thursday morning. �Pretty quick!!

The crate is made very sturdy. �It�s got small rectangular tubing and angle iron used as bracing. �The truck driver that delivered it said he had never seen anything crated this good.




Steve
Title: Re: CJ3A Body Kit Crate
Post by: Patos on October 19, 2012, 09:10:47 AM
bet you like a kid at christmas   :D 8-) :D
Title: Re: CJ3A Body Kit Crate
Post by: Carls_jeep on October 19, 2012, 09:22:24 AM
Let us know how it measures up to the original dimensions. Many have issues with things not fitting up well.
Title: Re: CJ3A Body Kit Crate
Post by: Heimbig on November 22, 2012, 01:27:14 PM
Have you taken the body out yet.  I too am wondering about the quality control now and how well they fit.  I bought a kit almost 23 years ago and it needed a lot of work.  I would really like to hear from someone that has a new body about fit and finish.

Mike
Title: Re: CJ3A Body Kit Crate
Post by: CJPilot on November 23, 2012, 05:39:55 PM
Mike, I haven't found the time to un-crate the body kit. I'm trying to use the last of the good weather here in New England for outdoor projects. �There is a post over at the 2a page that lists out what problems the kits have. �I don't expect this thing to bolt right up but my original body was in very bad shape. �I priced the repair panels from Classic and it would have cost as much to fix up my tub as what a new repo cost. �I think the little bit of welding and drilling to make the repo body fit is going to quicker than fix my rusted out one. �I will post when �I start on the body kit.

Steve