My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: athawk11 on November 08, 2012, 11:44:23 AM

Title: Carter WO Question
Post by: athawk11 on November 08, 2012, 11:44:23 AM
I am in the process of rebuilding my Carter WO. �Per the Mighty Mo web site, I've cleaned and inspected. �I am currently waiting on some items from Walcks.

These photo are from the Mighty Mo site.

What you see is a nub on the bottom of the main body, and a passage on the trottle body that line up when assembled.

This does not appear to be air tight or fuel tight, but the hole exits through the lower throttle body �

What is this passage for?

My issue is that my Carter does not have the nub. �There is a small hole, flush with the flat surface.

Tim

(http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/athawk11/CARTERMainBodyUndersidecircled.jpg)

(http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa397/athawk11/CARTERThrottleBodycircled.jpg)
Title: Re: Carter WO Question
Post by: Carls_jeep on November 08, 2012, 08:06:40 PM
Both of the WO carbs I have torn down don't have that nub. They have a spacer between the base and top body. That hole is the air bleed hole and there should be a gasket between the base and upper body.