My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: BMIC on April 26, 2012, 01:51:24 PM
-
A moment of silence for old #4T24846, the machine shop called today to say old 4T (never could figure out the T) did not survive the magnaflux test. 4T was only in the family for a year and other than knowing the year she was born, the PO never passed on the story of her life. 4T started and ran the day I bought her but I could tell by the blue cloud signaling all of southern Maine behind her that she had serious health problems. All Willy's owners would agree that's a minor consideration when you have the unique opertunity to own an 3A. RIP 4T24846...
Morning period is over, Mike at KW gave me the number of a Vermont shop that has a few possibilities.
RyanM, now that Mark has solved your leak worries is your wife is still away.... ROADTRIP
-
I will pause now for a moment of silence< �>....Ok enough.
Too bad about the motor. However, with every catastrophe comes opportunity. Don't squander this event by simply searching for a replacement motor. I think you should embrace the circumstances and find a complete DONOR JEEP. If you need a motor you might as well buy the rest of the rig along with it. You could ebay the remaining parts and likely recover your investment costs. Sound good? I know my wife would go for it...maybe...well probably not....but I'd try it anyways.
What about that gem you spied down in FL? Any of your delivery trucks have a heavy duty lift gate? You could be down and back by the end of this weekend.....
-
I got the same news from the machine shop about the first block I brought home for my project, 4T42063. �I bring it up because I am curious if anyone knows what the "4" stands for. �I was told the "T" in "4T" means it was originally a truck engine, but the "4" ???????
You can always use it as a 4 hole planter and she will continue to bring happiness and enjoyment for all even after her intended purpose has been nullified. �My wife is close to accepting this idea for 4T42063. ;D
-
I have an F-134 in my Cj3a with serial number 1T57638. I also came to the conclusion that it was a truck engine from '50-'54. Thread http://cj-3a.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1332363376/7#7
But like you, I can't find anything that tells me what the 1 means.
-
4T is four cylinder truck.. 1T is either a lightly stamped 4T or it is a 1cylinder truck. ;D.....or not. ;)