My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: hawkjeep on March 18, 2012, 01:43:56 PM

Title: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: hawkjeep on March 18, 2012, 01:43:56 PM
[size=16]my 1950 cj3a before restoration this is two years ago[/size]
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/1950cj3a-2.JPG width="648" height="432")
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1366-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1368-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1804-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1805-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1864-2.JPG)
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: aboyandhisdog on March 18, 2012, 02:02:45 PM
Do you know anything of the history of this beast?  Looks like it had some rough service!
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: hawkjeep on March 18, 2012, 03:49:35 PM
Original came for Oregon state use for hunting. I bought it from a family that their grandfather pass away, in lake Elsinore city. It was sitting in the back yard about 15 years

up grade:
all 11" drums out of jeep j10 gladiator 1969
12v conver
radiator 4 layer stagger from cj2a or mb
2.5 lift
31" tires
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: hawkjeep on March 23, 2012, 05:11:54 PM
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1882-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1879-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1878-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarrior.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1835-2.JPG)
to bad engine block is crack at the 4 cylinder edge to one of the stude and cylinder 4 is sleeve.
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: Comanche_County on March 23, 2012, 07:18:26 PM
I liked the Billygoat motif.
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548 billygoat restoration
Post by: hawkjeep on March 23, 2012, 09:12:11 PM
I guess I can call it billygoat restoration
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: garage gnome on March 24, 2012, 08:38:22 AM
I like those tires!

It looks like some swapped heads on the engine??? It looks like a 2A head with no ribs.
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: hawkjeep on March 24, 2012, 08:46:38 PM
Tire are new about 15 year old but the sun burn it they were flat too long
Title: Re: 1950 cj3a 3j45548
Post by: hawkjeep on March 28, 2012, 07:08:35 PM
(http://hawkwarr.ipower.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1897-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarr.ipower.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1898-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarr.ipower.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1900-2.JPG)
(http://hawkwarr.ipower.com/thejeeppage/DSCF1918-2.JPG)