My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: BMIC on March 07, 2012, 07:52:52 AM

Title: TEMPERATURE CENSORS?
Post by: BMIC on March 07, 2012, 07:52:52 AM
THE #1 AND #2 HEAD BOLTS (TIGHTENING SEQUENCE) ON MY L-134 CONTAINED TWO TEMP CENSORING BOLTS THAT I HAVE NOT IDENTIFIED. HAS ANYONE SEEN THESE TWO BEFORE? BOTH HAD BEEN DISCONNECTED AND I DO HAVE A WORKING TEMP CENSOR IN PLACE IN THE NORMAL SPOT.http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m606/bmic/?action=view&current=2011-12-11073145-2.jpg
Title: Re: TEMPERATURE CENSORS?
Post by: garage gnome on March 07, 2012, 08:14:08 AM
Never seen that before. I would say bubba had something to do with it. He probably messed up the fitting on the side of the head and did that.
Title: Re: TEMPERATURE CENSORS?
Post by: Carls_jeep on March 07, 2012, 08:24:42 AM
Never seen one like that either but I know there are contact sensors that you can bolt to a block or head to give the temp. That's kind of interesting in that it has a bulb that goes into the water jacket. If it still works and you have the gauge use it unless you want to go back to the original type gauge.
Title: Re: TEMPERATURE CENSORS?
Post by: F Bill on March 07, 2012, 08:30:23 AM
Head bolt block heaters, at least the one on the right is..
Title: Re: TEMPERATURE CENSORS?
Post by: BMIC on March 07, 2012, 10:13:11 AM
Sorry, my Photobucket skills leave obviousl room for improvement. The first four photos are of the censors in question, the rest are a hodgepodge of things that need to go back together correctly.

Bill you may be right, #2 could be a block heater. I will connect it to a battery and see if it heats up.

The water pump boss plate number is 4T24846, in all the threads I have read the "T" remains unidenttifiable. Given the odd engine number and the two odd censors does anyone think the engine may have been a replacement from another application? Generator?