My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Heimbig on February 21, 2012, 06:35:08 PM

Title: Original gray seat covers
Post by: Heimbig on February 21, 2012, 06:35:08 PM
Can anyone advise where to get a correct set of gray original style seal covers for a CJ3A.  I have the frames and the original springs but the covers are beyond saving or even getting a pattern from them.
Title: Re: Original gray seat covers
Post by: macrisel on February 21, 2012, 08:52:10 PM
My covers came from Beachwood Canvas and I couldn't be happier.  The craftmanship is top notch and the quality is outstanding.  They are more expensive than other places though.  There are a few other places to find covers and I'm sure other members will chime in.  Also, if you take your time, you can easily do the work yourself.

Good luck!
Title: Re: Original gray seat covers
Post by: jeffbo1 on February 23, 2012, 01:02:05 PM
Like the other response, I have "Black Canvas" seat covers all the way around from Beechwood Canvas Works. Really awesome quality and they are correct. Even though called "Black Canvas" they are really a grey color and are water resistant too...
Title: Re: Original gray seat covers
Post by: Chasm on February 23, 2012, 04:36:10 PM
The remnants of my original seat covers indicated that they were a gray vinyl, not canvas. When I re-did my seats, I had all 3 made in black vinyl from Beachwood Canvas Works. They have held up well for 6 years now.

I had Beachwood make me a "black" canvas summer top. The black canvas is actually a charcoal or dark gray in color with the edges trimmed in black and the belt tie downs in black. That canvas actually approximates the color of the bits of the original vinyl seat covers.
Title: Re: Original gray seat covers
Post by: Heimbig on February 23, 2012, 05:08:06 PM
Thanks, I will use their product.

Mike