My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: ventport on February 03, 2012, 04:08:34 PM

Title: Willys 4 cylinder distributor caps
Post by: ventport on February 03, 2012, 04:08:34 PM
I bought a distributor cap at a swap meet a while back for my CJ3A.  It was in a different box but was labeled AL-134 in magic marker.  It does not fit my CJ as the diameter is too small.  Did Willys use two different size distributors in their production?  If so is the AL-134 the correct number for the small distributor, and what years did it fit so i can resell it.  What is the correct part number for the big diameter distributor so I can get the correct cap? Thanks Brian
Title: Re: Willys 4 cylinder distributor caps
Post by: Macgraham on February 03, 2012, 06:09:09 PM
I am going through the same questions. I have an engine with the small diameter dist Autolite no.4177-1. says it will fit all l 134 engines. I switched to an Autolite no. IAD 4008 which is the larger diameter dist, with internal condensor. I think you need a cap for the 3 1/2 inch diameter 4008. Mac