My Willys 3A and 3B Community

3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Comanche_County on October 07, 2011, 04:02:24 PM

Title: 59' FC-150 value
Post by: Comanche_County on October 07, 2011, 04:02:24 PM
I posted this on Jeepforum, but I thought I'd put this question up here since you guys are much more knowledgeable on the old Jeeps than I am.  I'm thinking of getting this one but can't quite swing the asking price,  I could but I don't want to get into deep water with another build.

Its a 59' FC150.  The owner was asking 4.5K.   He let me test drive it which was really fun.  Its slow getting up to speed (normal), its an F head 134 that runs good, has been rebuilt, T90/D18 - no PTO or overdrive, good brakes, just kinda cramped.   Few dents, no bondo, straight bed, minimal rust, fully and regularly serviced.  I think at 4.5K its a little high, and 3K is about right.  Anyone have any thoughts?   I do think its a great restoration candidate.

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6095/6210099754_a258942d81_b.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6042/6209594547_4f2a2335e9_b.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6192/6210097378_f720543a34_b.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6203/6210094514_18c28ff362_b.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6117/6209576593_b2867e9628_b.jpg)

(http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6059/6209573341_3a00d7db3d_b.jpg)
Title: Re: 59' FC-150 value
Post by: Gunslinger on October 07, 2011, 06:27:24 PM
I guess it depends on what you want when your done, I think 3 might be tight for me.  Lots to do on the detail stuff.
Title: Re: 59' FC-150 value
Post by: Comanche_County on October 08, 2011, 02:43:46 AM
Yeah, I cant quite do 4.5K even though its a runner. I think its worth 2-3K max......and 2-2.5K realistically.   I'd like to know what these go for fully restored though.
Title: Re: 59' FC-150 value
Post by: Gunslinger on October 08, 2011, 11:08:46 AM
There is a web site you can try, www.ewillys.com, its a meta search engine that the guy set up to troll other for sale sites for old willys, lots of good stuff on there. I just looked last night and he's got a few real nice FCs and a couple bangers as well.  Give it whirl it seems like a safe site, I go there often and have never had a problem.
Todd