My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: Gunslinger on August 14, 2011, 09:04:56 PM
-
Does anybody know if the 2A and 3A hoods are the same or different? My hood sits flush to the fender at the front of the vehicle, but there is about a 3/4 inch gap at at the rear of the hood between the hood and fender. I was just looking at the picture on the web site and that hood looks flat from back to front, mine is definatly at a downward agle from windshield to grill. One other thought is that the hood hinge is built into the hood, not a bolt on seperate item.
Todd
-
Hey Todd.
I am under the impression that the 2A and 3A hoods are the same. I had to buy a new hood for my 3A and the fit was pretty good after I modified the hinge a bit. It was not a height issue like yours, but it was offset and didn't line up well with the grille. I redrilled the hinge holes. If you bought a new hood, it likely came directly or indirectly from Omix Ada. The hinge could be mounted wrong.
Also, if you don't have grille welting installed, the hood will lean downward, but that may only be around a 1/2" or so.
Tim
-
All the hoods, GPW, MB, CJ2A, and CJ3A interchange. It sounds like either you're missing the front welting or the fenders are up too high in the front. There should be about a 1/2" to 3/4" gap all around.
(http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/jeep/100_1852b.jpg)
Larry
-
FYI: The hood block mounting holes are in different locations on a CJ3A & CJ2A. The CJ3A holes are an equal distance from the center hood seam. On the 2A one set is closer to center than the other, due to the top mounted wipers.