My Willys 3A and 3B Community
3A, 3B, DJ Technical Knowledge Base => "Original"-- Technical Questions, Answers, Observations => Topic started by: brotherdavid on June 16, 2011, 10:18:47 PM
-
hey guys i was just wondering. I got my new wiring harness from walcks for my 53 cj-3a and was wondering if the 2 wires that go to the master cylinder switch if it matters wich one the hot wire goes to? I noticed the one wire has power to it all the time even when the ignition switch is off, I asume it does so brake light will work even when ignition is off. THANKS
-
Makes no difference which wire goes to which post on the brake light switch. The switch simply connects the two pins to complete the circuit when the pedal is depressed.
This dimmer switch is the replacement type and yours may be different. The tang with two rivets should, however, be the power tang.
(http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/g503/dimmer_switch_wiring.jpg)
(http://www.enter.net/~rocketeer/g503/light_switch.jpg)
Larry
-
Larry,
Nice description and photos.
-
Copied/pasted them pics !! One of the most helpful pics to date, thanks !